My eBay Items

Sunday, November 18, 2007

WHAT is a Sleep Study?








yep, that's me and it's not halloween, LOL

Recently I've been experiencing a few symptoms so I told the doctor. In typical MD fashion (just kiddin, sis!) he insisted on all kinds of tests to 'rule out' serious issues. The first was to donate about 1/2 pint of blood for tests, of course, and then there was wearing the lovely heart monitor for 24 hours and then, to top it all off, a Sleep Study. just the thought of trying to sleep with people watching was enough to keep me awake! But some online friends encouraged me and I went ahead with it. Turns out it IS wierd, and the mask they make you try on makes you look like a space alien . . . . and look at ALL those wires to monitor different stuff. Anyway, I'm fine, turns out I have FOUR apnea 'episodes' per hour and the cutoff for diagnosing sleep apnea is SIX per hour, LOL. Which, in my opinion, is just fine cause I don't see HOW you get used to sleeping in that mask, wow. So, it was good for 'ruling out' apnea problems and cost my insurance company $2,000! and it was a very interesting experience. So, if you ever wonder about Sleep apnea, or a Sleep Study, just ask :) Back to work, Kat








3 comments:

Jamey said...

Nice!! We have a friend who has to wear a mask every night! I don't think it's as advanced as the one you are sporting, but I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be.

Kat Simpson said...

Oh, sweetie, I miss you all so much. I hope your family is there for the Holiday - thanks for taking care of Thomas for me. soon, MamaKat

Jamey said...

We miss you terribly too! My parents aren't coming back for Thanksgiving since they were just here. But, we have tons of friends coming over. Jon and Stacy (from Huntsville) are coming too so that will make it special.

I guess we'll have our family away from our family here with us.